Kids Calming Weighted Blanket - Includes Sensory Duvet (60" x 40" | 5 - 7 lbs)
Does your child always fight off bedtime? From restless legs, kicking off blankets, constant tossing and turning, or even emotional events, we all know bedtime can be a battle.
The Senso Minds weighted blanket is here to help! The weight of the blanket, in combination with the super-soft, sensory materials, provides calm and comfort to children, helping them fall asleep faster, and for a longer period of time. The weighted blanket mimics a hug and deep pressure touch - a therapy method proven to reduce high levels of anxiety.
We've Thought About All The Details:
- Square Compartment Design - Evenly sized squares throughout the blanket allow for even weight distribution, rather than the filling bunching up in one corner.
- Cooling Bamboo - The additional weight of weighted blankets can result in excess heat. This is why we use a cooling, breathable, cooling bamboo material in our blankets - to counteract the additional heat.
- Bonus Sensory Cover - Minky dotted cover provides tactile sensory stimulation for sensory seekers
- Washability - The bonus cover makes it unnecessary to wash the blanket itself. Simply remove the cover, and wash the cover only!
- Choose The Right Size - The rule is to buy a blanket that is 10% of your body weight, plus or minus 2 pounds. For example, if you weigh 50 lbs, the 5 or 7 lbs blanket would work for you.
- Size - All our blankets measure 60 inches by 40 inches.
We've thought about all the little details:
Square Compartment Design - For Equally Distributed Weight
Evenly sized squares throughout the blanket allows for the filling to be equally distributed, rather than bunching up in one corner
Cooling Bamboo Fabric -
To Prevent Overheating
Bamboo fabric has thermal regulating properties & is less coarse. Our blankets are non-irritating and will not overheat, helping your child sleep better at night.
Minky Duvet Cover- For Sensory Stimulation & Easy Washing
Minky Duvet Cover is designed with sensory dots and comfortable, soft to touch fabric, for those children who seek tactile stimulation. The cover is also super easy to wash!
Any problems? Receive a full refund, no questions asked.
Free shipping & returns
Free shipping and returns are included with every order.
Free of toxins such as lead, latex BPA, PVC and phthalates.
Give your brain the sensory input it craves!
For every 10 blankets sold, 1 blanket will be donated to Womenspace
Designed to help sensory seekers sleep better
After listening to our customers in the Sensomind's community, we've developed the ideal weighted blanket for any sensory seeking child or individual with sensory needs. With a cooling bamboo fabric, box quilt construction and minky cover duvet, our blanket is sure to keep your child cool, calm and comfortable, ensuring a good night's rest.
Why weighted blankets?
Our Cooling weighted blankets tout several benefits. Proven already by countless Occupational Therapists and Parents alike, Weighted Blankets provide your child with deep pressure therapy. Almost like the comforting feeling from a hug, our blankets form and mold around your child, reducing anxiety, and provide sensory stimuli to help them get a better night's rest.
The Benefits of our
Cooling Weighted Blanket
Box Quilt prevent
Hygienic - Duvet
Cover is washable
Soft & comfortable
Fabric does not
Does this describe your child?
- Requires constant comforting and company during bedtime?
- Fidgets, rustles around, and moves endlessly in bed?
- Is cranky & irritated in the morning due to poor sleep?
If so, your child may need a weighted blanket
You must have some questions...
We've got you covered!
A weight of 10% of your child's body weight is recommended, give or take a few pounds. For example, if your child is 60lbs, you should probably get a blanket around 7-10lbs. This ensures your blanket can grow with your child for years to come!
Our weighted blankets are specifically designed with a cooling bamboo fabric. Less coarse and dense than the average cotton fabric commonly used, Bamboo is ideal for heat regulation, helping your child stay cool but comfortable.
Yes! However, we do recommend using the included cover, since washing the blanket itself can be a hassle, due to it's size and weight.